Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Scrap Ruffle Necklace


I recently saw a necklace on pintrest and I really liked it. (Her shop is very cute by the way, I will take any of those items!) 
I knew that it really could not be all that hard to make, so I tried it. It turned out really well, not as good as hers, but still pretty good for free.  
I started with a necklace I was not using, and a fabric scrap. I think it was about 2 1/2" wide and 8" long. 
 Because I used a fabric that frays very easily, I first used a zig-zag stitch to prevent further fraying.
 Now we can sew our ruffle.  I used  a 1/4" seam allowance, and folded the fabric in half.
 Use the normal extra long stitch, and pull one thread to create a ruffle. Once the ruffle is the desired length, the ends can be tied off, so the ruffle does not come out. Now you can simply use a safety pin to thread the necklace through the ruffle, and you are done.
 Now you can trade out that ruffle to match any outfit. I like to wear my navy ruffle necklace with a salmon colored tank, and navy cargo pants. So many options, and it adds just a little cuteness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...